2013 NEW ENGLAND PREP SCHOOL ALPINE SKIING CLASS A CHAMPIONSHIPS
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2013
HOST:Eaglebrook School and Avon Old Farms School
SITE: Okemo Mt., Ludlow, VT
Eaglebrook School and Avon Old Farms School are pleased to welcome you to the 2013 New England Prep School Alpine Skiing Class A Championships, to be held on Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at Okemo Mt. in Ludlow, VT. Please contact Please call Rachel Rose (413) 774-9253 OR Jack Shea (413) 774-9160 for more information regarding the event.
Information for participating schools
Eaglebrook School :
Directions to Okemo Mt.
- Please e-mail your team’s entries to Rachel Rose () by February 8. We will send you a reminder a few days before this deadline.
- Team size is 3-5 boys, 3-5 girls. Be sure to indicate your racers in desired seed order for all 4 events (boys SL, boys GS, girls SL, girls GS).
- Please list all coaches attending.
- Entry fee is $65 per athlete.
Make check payable to Eaglebrook School and mail to Rachel Rose P.O. Box 7 Deerfield, MA 01342
- Race registration will take place upstairs in the Okemo Clock Tower Lodge, and will open at 7:00 AM.
- Teams will use the same set of bibs for the afternoon race, thus the boys' SL and girls' GS races (held in the afternoon) will not run in bib order. Please refer to the start lists, which we plan to email to you in advance.
- Lift tickets must be worn at all times.
- Bibs will be collected as athletes exit the finish corral, at the end of the afternoon race. A $35 fee will be charged for bibs not returned. Please check with all of your athletes to ensure that they have returned their bibs.
- Coaches meeting will be held at 8:00 AM outside of Clock Tower Lodge.
- Lifts will open at 7:00AM for race crew, and At 8:15 for athletes
- We will be running both the girls and boys at the same time. Boys Slalom will start at 9:30 on Wardance, and girls GS will start at 9:30 on Lower Chief.
- Disqualifications will be posted at the finish boards. Protests must be filed 15 minutes after posting.
Disqualifications will be posted at the end of each race.
- Be sure to utilize running orders and inform racers that race order will not consecutive bib numbers.
- Tickets for Family members of racers will be available for $55.00
- The GS should be about 35-45 seconds, with approximately 25 gates, while the slalom is typically 35-45 seconds with 30-35 gates.
Racers who DNF or clearly DSQ in their first run shall not take their second run.
- The two races will run simultaneously, with the boys racing GS and the girls racing slalom in the morning.
- The slalom courses will likely be single-pole (outside gates only on the first and final gates and any delay gates and vertical combinations) in accordance with the USSA guidelines. Please be sure your racers are informed of the rules regarding legal passage and hiking for missed gate.
- Awards will be held in the base area (outdoors by the timing building, weather permitting) as early as possible following the conclusion of the race.
- Some reminders of NEPSAC ski championships rules and procedures:
- Running order within each seed is drawn at random, and reversed within each seed for the second run.
- Helmets are required. Hard ears for GS, while soft ears are alright for Slalom.
- Lost ski = DNF; however, if the racer loses ski(s) between the last gate and the finish, any part of the body or equipment can stop the timing and give the racer a time.
- Racers who miss their start will run at the end of the start list.
- Team scoring is top 3 of the 5 racers (combined times).
- If a racer feels their run has been interfered with, they must ski out of the course immediately where the infraction occurs. No protest will be allowed if the racer completes the course and/or crosses the finish line. The racer must then ski to the finish area and await the decision of race officials as to whether or not a (provisional) rerun will be granted.
- We generally follow USSA race rules, with some exceptions. We will have a jury consisting of Chief of Race, a TD and Referee for each gender. Referees will be appointed in advance from the pool of coaches attending the race.
7:00 AM – Registration opens Upstairs Clock Tower Lodge
7:30 AM – Lift opens for coaches and race crew
8:00 AM – Coaches meeting outside of Clock Tower Lodge
8:15 AM – Course officials and workers report to head gate keepers after
8:15 AM – Lift opens for athletes
9:30 AM – First Run Boys Slalom on Wardance
First Run Girls GS on Lower Chief
11:30 AM- Courses prepped or reset for Second Run
1:00 PM – First Run Girls Slalom on Wardance
First Run Boy GS on Lower Chief
3:30 PM – Awards presented outside of Clock Tower Lodge (Weather
*** Please remember all times are estimated. Please check finish boards for any time changes ***
1. Avon (boys only)
2 .Belmont Hill (boys only)
4. Cardigan Mt. (boys only)
6. Eaglebrook (boys only)
9. Kents Hill
12. Noble & Greenough
13. Northfield-Mt. Hermon
15. St. Paul's
16. White Mt.