Class C Nepsacs Mt. Sunapee Feb.10, 2010
A few last minute reminders:
- Registration will start at 7:30; Coaches should go to Guest Services with waivers and payment for all athletes. Then proceed to registration desk with proof of payment. At the registration desk, you will be given a packet with start list, rules, and all your athletes' bibs and tickets.
- Athletes do not have to register and wait in a long line, coaches need to collect packets.
- Your athletes can go get settled and get ready to go out and inspect.
- Coaches please remind athletes of the rules of the day, such as if you miss your start, hiking for gates, interference, equipment failure (lost ski) etc. please do not ski thru the course when inspecting, I believe shadowing the course is o.k. but do not go near the gates. Stay on open trails, and ski in control, Sunapee does not want kids practicing tucks, etc... on the open trails, there may be some practice gates set up. Check that morning at registration.
- Please return all bibs to registration table to be checked off before awards if possible. Coaches meeting and volunteer assignments, head gatekeepers meeting, will take place at 8:30, any pre race considerations. If you need additional passes please contact, email@example.com
- General info: Please be sure athletes return bibs to registration table at end of last race to be checked off, so we can track them down before they leave ski area. Let's try hard to return every bib, they belong to Sunapee. Thank you.
- Please remember, as in accordance with the Nepsac rules and ISSCA, changes in running order can only be made due to sickness or injury of the related athlete. It is the responsibility of the team coach to insure that there athletes are aware of the rules. Each seed will be a random draw. The running order will be reversed within each seed in the second run.
- Any additional volunteers will be appreciated that day, any students that come along not racing can gate keep and help in many ways. Thank you for all your help, we look forward to a great day and great racing. Good luck to all your athletes and have fun. Any concerns or questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Volunteers for championships as of 7 Jan. ,2010
Chief of race… and TD… Alison Basdekis (Miss Halls coach) and Alec Coyle( Cushing coach),will conduct coaches meeting, oversee entire schedule of day/ keeps race to time frame, has final say in terms of conditions and safety. Makes sure gatekeepers are properly instructed by head gatekeeper. Along with Sunapee official Bob Underhill
Starter… Bob Underhill (Sunapee race dept.). Also will set courses
Finish shack and race results ... 1
Finish ref … 2
Head gate keeper… 1 radio…sets up 8 -10 gate keepers along race route every 4- 6 gates. Head Gate keeper will give brief intro to this that day. Gate Keepers: 8-10
Other volunteers: 3
Course maintenance... _______________ coaches will slip after first run. Coaches can please take responsibility to report deteriorating conditions to chief of race and starter.
Start” herder” volunteer... 1 parent to act as person to line up in order kids, ready to race…
Registration…. 2 , check off athletes, pass out bibs, bibs must be worn on course at all times, instruct athletes to stay on designated trails prior to start and ski with control
Scoreboard…. 2 to write down race results they need to be checked with computer results at end of race
Jury… 3-4 coaches or ADs - ??? should be one of them, decide on DSQ, if missed gate is contested by a coach representing athlete or other.
Total approx 23